If you’ve never flipped before then flip today!
For more healthy eating advice please visit my website http://www.nutrition-coach.co.uk/
Basic pancake recipe
110g plain wholemeal flour or ground oats (ground in a coffee grinder or nutribullet)
1 large egg
330ml milk, or half milk half water (you can also use coconut/ almond/ soya/oat milk)
Put the flour in a large bowl and make a well in the middle. Whisk the egg and milk together in a jug or bowl. Pour about a quarter of the milk/egg mixture into the well, plus a pinch of salt.
Whisk together, drawing in the flour gradually, until it is all incorporated as a smooth paste. Add the rest of the milk/egg and whisk until smooth.
If you have time, leave to rest for an hour or overnight in the fridge: this really does make for a lighter pancake. But it’s not compulsory.
Lightly oil a small frying pan and heat on a medium flame. Pour in a ladle spoonful of the batter and tip the pan so that the batter coats the bottom. Cook for a few minutes then flip the pancake over and cook for another minute. Tip onto a plate and make another one. The first pancake may stick and not be perfect but persevere they will get better
Now its time to pimp up your pancake!
- Spread a large teaspoon of wholenut peanut butter onto your pancake and add a sliced banana. if the peanut butter is too thick water it down with a splash of milk
- Scramble two eggs (with a pinch of dried chilli flakes) and wilt a handful of spinach. or a couple of blocks of frozen spinach cooked Spread the spinach over the pancake. Sprinkle with ground black pepper and top with scrambled egg
- Warm two handfuls of blueberries in a dry frying pan, until a few burst. Pour onto the pancake drizzle a small amount of runny honey and scatter over a teaspoon of pumpkin seeds serve with a dollop of Skry yoghurt for a great protein boost
- Spread a table spoon of natural or dairy free yoghurt over the pancake, add a few chunks of fresh pineapple and sprinkle over a few dried chilli flakes
- Fry some mushrooms and garlic in a small amount of oil. Add a few leaves of fresh thyme or a pinch of dried. Add a tablespoon of natural or non dairy yoghurt and a large pinch of black pepper. Warm through and spoon on to the pancake
Why not share how you pimped your pancakes this year?